Organized day camping is defined as an experience of group living in an outdoor environment. It is a multi-level experience under the supervision of trained leadership. The program of activities provides fun and adventure in the outdoors at a site that provides seclusion and natural resources. Emphasis is placed on new experiences difficult to obtain in the usual indoor den atmosphere. Councils have been operating Cub Scout day camp activities for a number of years.This daytime outdoor program could include simple cooking, a Cub Scouting adventure feature, nature, and aquatics. The daily program focuses on a Cub Scouting theme, with theme recognition for the boys as they relate to the outdoor program.
Each District within the Tuscarora Council operated their own Day Camps during the summer months, working toward goals such as:
• Strengthening den/pack organization for better year-round operation.
• Providing continuation of the Cub Scouting program during the summer and the opportunity for units to earn the National Summertime Pack Award and the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award, and to work toward qualifying for the Journey to Excellence.
• An excellent medium for attaining the aims of the Boy Scouts of America: character development, citizenship training, and personal fitness.
• A valuable aid in the progression from Cub Scouting to Boy Scouting.
• Meeting individual boy’s needs and interests by offering a meaningful and educational Scouting program.
• Helping to recruit new boys in the den and pack during the summer.
• Providing a method of recruiting, training, and inspiring present and future Cub Scout leadership.
• Promoting fun and adventure with a purpose
2018 Day Camps
Coharie (Duplin and Sampson Counties): Coharie will be operating a single, full-day program on August 4th, 2018. Click here for your registration form.
Neusiok (Johnston County): Neusiok will be operating a three day program from July 26 – 28, 2018; half-days on the 26th and 27th, and a full day on the 28th. Click here for your registration form.
Torhunta (Wayne County): Torhuntawill be operating a three day program from July 19 – 21, 2018; campers can choose between a three full-day option, or a three half-day option. Click here for your registration form.